AIDA Bronze Dolphin Course: get your children more confident in the water!
The Bronze Dolphin course is the first course of the AIDA youth program, the “freediving” path for young fellows, even though Freediving techniques and disciplines are not really introduced.
Fun, safety, relax, water-ship are the real corner stones of this program.
The classroom sessions will introduce the children to various other safety skills, such as the arm wave, which is the internationally recognized sign for help in the water.
This course is created for beginner swimmer.
Therefore the children will learn during this course:
- Water Familiarization
- Submersion and Propulsion
- Breath Control
- Recovery Breathing
- Signalling for help
AIDA Bronze Dolphin Course Details
The most important prerequisite of the whole AIDA youth program is that the Child’s own wish and intent to learn underwater skills are totally respected without any doubts.
For this beginner course, the maximum time of submersion in underwater swimming and games is 15 seconds and the maximum Depth is 2 meters. These limits apply regardless the age of the participants.
- Price: 240 euro
- Certification, equipment, study material
- 3 lesson of 1 hour organized preferably in 3 days.
Beginner swimmer is:
- Not confident or comfortable in water;
- Only exhibiting vertical propulsion (i.e. struggling to maintain upright position using arms/legs);
- Little or no horizontal propulsion (i.e. difficulty even doing dog paddle or crawl stroke);
- Little or no deep-water experience;
- Poor breath control;
- Poor ability to recover to a stable standing position on the bottom;
- Poor submersion (i.e. not comfortable having face in the water).
If you think your kids are more experienced in the water you may have a look at the Silver Dolphin course, where diving on a line and equalizing are also introduced or the Gold Dolphin course, that will see children both pulling and finning down the line.
Post-course supervision is one of the major aspects of child’s safety. Responsibility for child’s safety lies with the parents/guardians; it is crucial that they know principles of in-water supervision.
Therefore Parents/Guardians are required to pass an exam on rules of supervision in order for their child to be certified. They would demonstrate knowledge in safety and post-course supervision:
- Water safety rules
- Ways to impose the rules peacefully
- Rules of supervision